Cozumel is one of the most popular places in Mexico to vacation.
Does it have something to do with possessing some of the best beaches, dive sites, and resorts in Mexico?
Yes. Yes, it does.
And to make it easier to plan your vacation in Cozumel, we’re going to itemize all these things in lists so you can start enjoying your vacation sooner.
Things to Do in Cozumel
As we stated, there are literally a ton of unusual things to do in Cozumel to keep you occupied.
Let’s start with the beaches. Because we’re guessing you’ll want to spend a lot of time on them.
Best Cozumel Beaches Without Crowds
Passion Island Beaches
As the name implies, there’s only one way to get to Passion Island beaches.
That ensures there won’t be a lot of people crowding the beach while you soak it all in.
There is a small fee to enter. But once you’re there, there won’t be a sea of people plopping up and down in the water.
Did You Know?Illness or injury
Travel Insurances Covers More Than Missed Flights Including:
– Natural disaster
– Financial default of the travel company
– Lost or delayed luggage
– Damage to home residence while on vacation
– Change of employment (i.e. not enough vacation time from new job)
– Travel accidents
– Emergency medical situations
– Cancel for LITERALLY any reason at all coverage!
Find the policy that’s right for you with a FREE no obligation quote!
You won’t need to pack any food either.
There’s a beach club with a restaurant with all the necessary “beach items” you’ll need – umbrellas, lounge chairs, and hammocks.
Playa Chen Rio
Of all the beaches on this list, this will probably be the busiest.
Don’t take that to mean “busy”. It’s just that there will be more people here than at the other beaches on this list.
And the other beaches are pretty isolated.
Unlike Passion Island beaches, this one can be reached by car.
You can rent hammocks and lounge chairs from the only restaurant on the beach. So you won’t need to pack any lunch to visit Playa Chen Rio beach either.
Playa San Martin
This is another beach accessible by car.
Playa San Martin’s white sand beach is a great beach to relax on.
There are no restaurants here, so make sure you pack something to eat.
Also, there is no swimming allowed. The currents can be very strong. That’s probably why it’s one of the more isolated beaches in Cozumel.
So if you’re the type that doesn’t need to swim out into the ocean to enjoy the beach, Playa San Martin might be just right for you.
Punta Sur Ecological Beach Park
As the name implies, you’ll see some interesting wildlife in the park adjacent to the beach.
In the lagoon, you’ll find wild crocodiles and exotic birds.
This area is also good for viewing turtles while snorkeling.
Unlike the other islands on this list, you’ll find a number of restaurants where you can order food, beer, and other alcoholic beverages.
This beach also has a small entrance fee. But once on the other side, walk 10 minutes up the shoreline and it will be like having your own private beach!
Best Cozumel Excursions
Let’s explore some of the things to see and do in Cozumel.
If you like water activities, you’re going to like what comes next.
Diving and Scuba Diving in Cozumel
For this list, we’ve selected some excursions we think are going to give you a great experience.
This includes traditional diving, submarine, mini-sub diving, helmet diving, SNUBA (cross between scuba diving and snorkeling
If you want the full list of diving and scuba diving activities, you can find that here.
- Cozumel Submarine Expedition
- Cozumel Shore Excursion: Mini-SUB Diving
- Discover Scuba Diving
- SeaTrek Underwater Helmet Diving Experience in Downtown Cozumel
- Chankanaab Cozumel Scuba Diving
- 4-Hour Certified Scuba Diving Tour with Two Tanks in Cozumel
- Sea Trek Adventure at Chankanaab National Park
- Discover Scuba Diving in Cozumel Paradise Reef
- Sea Trek Underwater Night Dive Experience in Cozumel
- Small-Group Introductory Scuba Dive in Cozumel
Snorkeling in Cozumel
Being in tropical waters, Cozumel offers virtually endless opportunities to explore underwater by snorkeling.
Here’s a list of snorkeling excursions we recommend, including some in a clear boat so you never have to get wet to enjoy the reefs and fish!
For the full list of snorkeling adventures, you can find them here.
- Invisible Boat Snorkeling Adventure in Cozumel
- Catamaran Snorkel to El Cielo and Tortugas Beach Club
- The Cozumel Turtle Sanctuary Snorkel Tour
- Clear Boat & Snorkel Cozumel Tour with Drinks
- El Cielo Snorkel by Private Boat
- Buccanos Beach Full-Day Snorkeling Adventure
- Cozumel Reef Snorkeling Tour
- Cozumel Luxury Sailing & Snorkeling Cruise Experience
- Underwater Night Life: Evening Snorkeling in Cozumel
Catamaran and Yacht Excursions in Cozumel
Perhaps on one of your vacation days in Cozumel, you’ll want to just relax on the ocean.
We’ve got you covered.
Here are some private catamaran and yacht experiences you can book directly from these links.
And of course, you can find the full list here.
- Private Catamarans and Yachts Cozumel cruise excursion or special occasion
- Lagoon 39ft Private Catamaran 4hr – Sail & Snorkel
- Cozumel Sky Private Catamaran Tour with Snorkeling
- Cozumel Luxury Sailing & Snorkeling Cruise Experience
- El Cielo reef by Catamaran with Beach Club
- Lagoon 39ft Private Catamaran 3hr – Sunset Sail
Cozumel Best Resorts
Blue Angel Resort
Casa Del Mar Cozumel Hotel & Dive Resort
Casa Mexicana Cozumel
Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort
Cozumel Hotel & Resort, Trademark Collection by Wyndham
El Cid La Ceiba Beach Hotel
Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive
Grand Park Royal Cozumel
Hotel B Cozumel
Hotel El Cozumeleno Beach Resort
InterContinental Presidente Cozumel Resort Spa, an IHG Hotel
Miramar Condominiums Cozumel
Playa Azul Cozumel Hotel
Scuba Club Cozumel
Secrets Aura Cozumel
Sunscape Sabor Cozumel
The Explorean Cozumel
The Landmark Resort of Cozumel
The Westin Cozumel
Ventanas al Mar
Villablanca Garden Beach Hotel
You May Also Like
Tanzania All-inclusive Luxury Beach Resorts
If you want a vacation that is out of the ordinary but will still be…
Philippines All-inclusive Resorts
One of the most popular destinations for all-inclusive resorts is the Philippines. And there are…
Best All-inclusive Beach Resorts – Bahamas
There is almost no question that the Bahamas is one of the best places in…